Saturday, March 12, 2016

Influence is everything.

Influence is everything, it prompts choices and carries them out. It can cultivate or crush. Influence is an important catalyst to change. One isn't a leader with out it.

I've been spending a lot of time mulling over my influences and the type of influence I want to be on the world. Ole and I have had this thing we've been saying a few years now and remarkably enough it is something my mother would say, though I always think of thumper from "Bambi".  
"Does it heal, bless, or uplift?!" Sadly, I often have to really think about it because I also say "Is it kind, loving, honest" things that are truth aren't always kind, yet it is loving to be truthful.  

Right now I am getting my life back on track. Renewing my nursing license, school in the works, I have a job in sales again (imagine that!). But I want more than anything to be the right kind of influence. Regardless of state of mind, status, or time of day. What does my character say?  I am working hard on this question. And I am ok with it keeping me up at night.

There are a few people that daily influence me, probably because I'm good at gaurding myself. But they deserve mention. Mike, Ole, Ezra, Nikki, and Megan. I am lucky to have them in my life and I know that out of all the paths I cross, theirs are the ones that choose these cyclical terms.  I'm so grateful for the Good and the "What the fuck?!" influences they all have on me! 





Dr.Ole Behrendtsen













No comments:

Post a Comment